Friday, January 09, 2004

Back in the saddle @ Dean's

Our first gig of the new year was better than expected. The rain didn't keep the kids indoors. We saw faces both new and old there to welcome us back into our niche. With the new Metrorail doing testing on Main St. the members of LBP have had to adapt and overcome the rigors of hauling equipment. In the golden days of yore we could park infront of Dean's, unload, and then be on our merry way without popping a disc out of our back. But after our mishap after the fashion show we have come to fear the mystery of what is acceptable by the "man" on Main. Everyone in the band got a ticket that night for interfering with the testing of the Metrorail, except Marc...the only one with enough bank to afford it. I have remedied the situation by being ever more punctual than I used to be. Living in Katy, I have been accustom to leaving my house a little early to get to the gig on time. Now I make Thur nights an all day affair, one where I leave my house round 6ish and sneek around the urban ocean till it's gig time. I still have trouble finding a good space to unload my crap at 6 in the evening, and the riddles I get from the parking signs don't help me in my quest. Honestly I feel like I'm trying to discern some kind of righteous parable from Christ himself when I look to see if it is "OK" to park downtown. No parking between 9 and 3, Metro Parking from 3 to 7, but there is never parking between witching hours, nor can one use the gem stones of Andor before 6...ect ect. After finally being confident that my parking was inline with the will of Kraken I headed off to the coffee joint round the corner. After that I set up my drums and the rest of the band rolled in and did the same. Marty, Conrad and myself ended up going back to coffee place where they both got Italian sodas and a chance to see the none too impressive Paris Hilton video that I happened upon recently. We started playing round 10ish and ended late at around 2. People hung till the last little bit so we appeased them with our version of once famed now scorned Knight Rider. All in all it was a great gig to bring us back into the routine. We'll be doing it every Thur till people stop coming or the parking gods dictate otherwise. The near future looks bright for LBP. There is going to be a trip to a ranch for some serious writing and studio time is drawing very very near. We are getting better everyday due to the huge amount of support we have from all of you guys out there so let me just state for the record that our shows are only good because of you who come out...thank you for the support. Until next week I bid all you crazies a good weekend.

end transmission