Sunday, January 25, 2009

"LBP Time" at Dan Electro's

Hey Family,
I'm sure that we're not the only group in the world who fib slightly about the time that their event is going to start in order to make sure that people are on time. We call it "LBP Time" and it goes something like this:
1. The show (really) is supposed to start at 11:15
2. Sound Check is supposed to (really) happen at 9:45
3. The club tells us that sound check is at 8:30
4. We show up at 9:15
5. We tell you that the show starts at 10:30
6. You show up at 11:00
.....and every thing's cool... right?

Well, considering the conversation that I overheard Saturday night at Dan Electro's, I think we might have "LBP Time"ed you guys one time too many.

So, we're set to play at 10:00. We're the first band so we're really supposed to play at 10. It's about 9;35. I'm set up, Phyve has sound checked and Morris is ready to go. Marc is going to show up at 9:58 because he's a huge f-ing rock star and that's what huge f-ing rock stars do :)

There's a group of (about) 5 people lingering at the door. One member of the group is talking to the door guy. I walk by and hear this............

Girl: "Little Brother Project plays at 10, right"?
Door Guy: "Yeah, I think so"
Girl: "No, I'm serious, LBP plays at 10, ..........right"?
Door Guy: "Yes, they play at 10"
Girl: "10 o' clock, yes"?
Door Guy: "Yes"
Girl: "10 o'clock, not 11 o'clock, right"?
Goor Guy" Um..yeah"
Girl: "10 - 0 - 0, not 10:45, not 10:30"?
Door Guy: "10:00"
Girl "Not 10:15"?
Door Guy: (now getting nervous that he was wrong) "10:00"????? "I think"????
Girl: "Dude, seriously, look me in the eye and tell me that they're really going to start at 10"!
Door Guy: "Um...well....uh.....I......."

This is where I step in, smile and say, "yeah, we play at 10".
She nods, looks to her group and motions for them to come in, "Little Brother plays at 10, and it's only 7 bucks"!!!!

"Girl", please forgive me for not knowing your name, I hope you guys had a blast :)

Saturday was a lot of fun for us,
We'll see you all soon
Coy, LBP Bass